My husband fired up the grill one night and made these amazing tuna burgers. You can add any healthy side dish to eat with these burgers. Our favorite are baked french fries. I totally have a french fry addiction they are my weakness, but instead of frying them I bake them. These burgers are very filling and super tasty so I’m sharing the recipe with you guys. Let me know how you like them CIAO
makes 4 burgers
- 1 tuna steak (1 lb)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- nonstick cooking spray
1. Prepare grill to medium heat
2. Finely chop the tuna steak with knife or by hand and place in a medium bowl, with fork mix green onion, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper until combined. Shape tuna into four patties. The mixture should be soft and moist.
3. On wax paper, combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Press patties into bread crumb mixture and coat both sides. Spray both sides of the patty with cooking spray.
4. Place patties on hot grill. Cover and grill patties turning once until browned on the outside. Medium rare 5-6 minutes per side.
Serve with your favorite healthy side dish and use whole wheat buns .
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER BURGER
29 grams protein
7 grams carbohydrates
8 grams total fat
1 gram fiber
374 mg sodium